Here is a list of “the best bang for your buck” iron sets that are discounted at a low price of $500 or less.
PING has created their longest, straightest model ever with the G Max. Their new “COR-Eye” technology creates more flex for increased ball speeds, leading to more distance and control for an affordable price.
- COR-Eye Technology create more flex for increased ball speed (approximately 1-3 mph across face) leading to more distance with control
- Custom Tuning Port (CTP) Connects to Sole which increases MOI for greater forgiveness, higher launch and more accuracy.
- Lengths and lofts are optimized to increase distance with proper gapping and higher trajectories for stopping power.
- Price: $500 steel shafts
Hot Launch 2 irons incorporate an expanded undercut cavity to provide maximum forgiveness and consistent performance. Featuring advanced toe weighting, the soft 431 stainless steel design provides great accuracy and feel for players of all levels.
- Advanced undercut cavity design moves weight back and low for higher-flying, accurate shots
- Enhanced toe weighting elongates the sweet spot for unsurpassed forgiveness
- Variable face thickness delivers exceptional feel and power even on off-center hits
- Price: $400 steel shafts
The Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 irons are designed for player seeking a sleek setup and shot-shaping control. If you’re looking for improved distance, versatility and optimal ball flight for a great price, this is the perfect iron set for you!
- The 18-gram tungsten sole weight featured in the 3-through 7-irons lowers the center of gravity and increases launch angle
- Optimized sole camber improves turf interaction and control from all lies.
- Thinner faces on the upper portion optimize launch, spin and MOI
- Precision milled grooves on a forged 8620 carbon steel allow golfers to control spin and shot-to-shot consistency
- Price: $400 steel
The Cobra King F6 iron set features increased weight which allows for better feel throughout your swing and through impact. Stainless and stepless steel shafts provide feedback and consistency that you would expect in a premium iron set, for a low discounted price.
- Each club in the set is designed to perform differently, optimized for performance to help golfers hit more greens and hit it closer to the pin
- Irons come equipped with V-Grooves on 4-6 irons to reduce spin, U-Grooves on the 7-PW to optimize spin, and Wedge spaced grooves on the GW-SW to produce extra spin for shots around the green
- An engineered channel positioned on the sole, close to the leading edge of the iron and around the perimeter of the upper back cavity, creates more flex at impact to deliver greater distance through faster ball speeds
- A new nickel chrome plating combined with a gunmetal PVD coating provides enhanced durability and a confidence inspiring aesthetic look at address
- An engineered aluminum cap replaces steel on dual cavity hollow irons which frees up 5g of discretionary weight which has been placed low and further back in the head creating a lower CG position for improved launch conditions and ball flight
- Price: $480 steel
Nike Covert X iron set will give you greater control and consistency to your game for a great discounted price. They boast a deep undercut, high-speed back cavity for longer, higher and straighter shots, as well as a True Temper steel shaft for increased forgiveness and seriously impressive ball flight.
- Deep, undercut, high speed cavity back design generates longer, higher and straighter golf shots
- Variable thickness NexCOR face creates a high COR face for forgiveness and faster ball speeds
- High frequency X3X face grooves enhance spin control and shot-to-shot consistency
- True Temper Dynalite 105 Shaft promotes a high flying, soft landing ball flight
- Constructed of high-strength, ultra-thin stainless steel for enhanced quality
- Price: $250 steel