If you are in the market for new clubs now is a great time to look at the best and most affordable iron sets for the coming 2017 golf season.
Single length irons give golfers the benefit of solid shots without having to change address positions as shaft lengths change as with traditional variable length sets. The Edel SLS-01 Irons do just that. They have a hollow body design with progressive face thickness and a thermoplastic inside to improve feel, sound and energy transfer.
- Hollow body design allows for a stronger club face
- Progressive face thickness delivers consistent distance gapping
- Progressive internal cavities controls ball speed
- Carbon steel shafts
- Thermoplastic polymer insert provides a softer feel
- Centered CG improves head stability
- Price – ~$1,200 for a 5-set
Miura has launched the PP-9005 Genesis Forged Irons created by the legendary designer Katsuhiro Miura. Crafted for golfers at all skill levels, this is the first Miura iron to combine the trademark feel of soft-forged steel with the distance generated by a 455 Carpenter steel face plate. The precision craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology and beauty of the design combine to make this iron a true game changer.
- 454 Carpenter steel face gives maximum distance with an advanced club face
- 3-pocket construction creates an optimal launch angle and spin
- Price – ~$300 per head
The Ping i200 is an iron fit for scoring. They have the look and feel of a player’s style iron, with exceptional forgiveness for it’s size.
- 431 stainless steel metal and a chrome finish
- The thin clubface delivers more distance
- Elastomer insert activates at impact for more dampening and solid feel
- The weight savings from the club face are redistributed to the heel-to-toe regions for increased MOI
- Price – ~$1,110 for full set
The JPX 900 Tour combines the best attributes of Mizuno’s player’s irons, with the advanced weighting strategies, and great design styling, providing a compact, workable iron with a surprising level of playability.
- Grain Flow Forged 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel for a soft, solid, consistent feel
- Specialized heat treatment optimizes strength and softness
- Tour-proven sole designs ensures maximum versatility and playability
- Reinforced top line ensures a strong, powerful sound at impact
- Price – ~$1,200 for a full set
The XR OS Irons are easier to hit and are more forgiving than its predecessors with Callaway’s new 360 Face Cup technology. It’s easy to launch and easy to pick up distance for players who want to add ball speed and hit the ball farther.
- Face Cup Technology makes the ball easier to hit and more forgiving
- The soles of the XR OS Irons are wider to give you more distance out of every impact location
- XR OS Irons are easy to launch with a Center of Gravity that’s lower and further back
- Progressive lengths and lofts for longer distance off each club
Price: $899 Discounted Price: $699